Friday, June 10, 2016

A Living Room Sneak Peek featuring High Fashion Home

Today I am so excited to share with you a little sneak peek of our living room with High Fashion Home. I have been working on this space for weeks and weeks, and it is finally starting to come together. Let me tell you, this interior decorating thing is harder than it looks. I've realized that trying to chose individual pieces is the easy part, but making sure they all flow and stick to your theme is a lot harder. There are so many rules when it comes to choosing the right furniture I never thought of. One things for sure though, I am not regretting my choice of a coffee table. My original thought was to get an ottoman, but I didn't want to get leather since that can add weight and darken the room a bit. I pondered the idea of an upholstered ottoman in a light color, but that just gave me a headache thinking about one more thing I had to worry about cleaning. So, I decided a marble table was best and would be easy to clean up if the kids made a mess. I found a few I liked but they were all rectangular shaped with of course sharp edges. My littlest boy has slight CP and doesn't have the greatest balance, so I decided no sharp corners and something oval shaped was best. To my delight, I found this gorgeous marble coffee table from High Fashion Home and immediately fell in love. The quality is great and I love that it complete the room with a light and airy look. I hope you all love it as much as I do.

Hope you all are having a great week!
XOXO
Coffee Table : c/o High Fashion Home
Note: The metal was a bit darker than I would have liked, but I LOVED the oval design and everything else. (Finding a good looking oval coffee table is harder than one might think) So, I used this paint in champagne gold, and this paint brush to lightly paint over the metal. It took less than 20 minutes, and only one coat. Easiest thing ever, and it made such a huge difference. Use blue masking tape to cover the table so there is not paint transfer onto the marble.

Coffee table decor:
 Books: here   here & here

Sofa: Joss and Main and here | Rug: sold here or here | Large framed print: c/o Minted | Side Chairs | Pillows: c/o Caitlin Wilson Textiles floral, Navy Deco 
Pink PillowWorld Market






 photo Untitled_zpse477bbb3.png
Share:

9 comments

  1. Where can I purchase this gold peace sign hand? I clicked the link and it does not work..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      Thanks so much for bringing that to my attention! I just fixed it! :)

      Delete
  2. Your living room looks so good!!! I love your coffee table! :)

    Rachel
    Simply Rachel Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coffee table is lovely you did a great job styling the room, I love it.

    New blog post
    http://www.itsshania.com/index.php/2016/06/12/going-shoe-crazy-for-summer/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. after all and it's truly an area that provides us with sanctuary, relaxation and inspiration all at the same time. living room interior design

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed, I am really excited to see a little sneak peek of your living room! The coffee table is surely lovely, it looks awesome. You did a great job designing the room! Best wishes and kindest regards, customs writing service

    ReplyDelete

Don't be Shy, Leave a Comment, I'dwould love to hear from you! ;)

© Kiss Me Darling | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig