Sunday, August 2, 2015

Back to School with Rack Room Shoes

Can you believe its already August? Back to school is right around the corner, and the time to shop is now! What's one of the first things you buy your kids when you're getting ready for back to school? For me, the first thing I looked for was a good pair of shoes. My oldest is obviously grown out of his other fall/winter shoes from last year, so a good pair was important. That is why I love Rack Room Shoes. They have a great selection of all types of shoes and brands from Sperrys, Nikes, Adidas, Puma and Converse. Plus, they are always a great deal and the customer service is outstanding. Right now Rack Room Shoes is hosting a Shoes That Fit Campaign, which empowers us all to give back to our community by donating to children in need. Unfortunately, not all children will have a new pair of shoes for school this year. Shoes than are worn with holes, split soles, and a size too small are seen too often at school. Because of this partnership, Rack Room Shoes has provided over 125,000 children with a new pair of shoes. How amazing is that? So, before you start shopping for your kids new shoes; make sure to donate to those who won't have that luxury. 

On another note, this post is a little bittersweet for me. Cayman is four years old, and this last year we decided to home school him for pre school. It's has been a blast teaching him at home and we've shared so many great memories doing crafts, learning about the "letter of the day," and finding ways to learn his shapes and numbers. We have a whole craft wall at home, full of crafts for the letters we've learned each day. We are almost to the letter "T" and they are so excited about it, because that means we will be spending the day at the Train Station and riding a train! 

Anyway, I decided to sign him up for preschool this year and I'm having mixed emotions. I love teaching him at home, but at the same time I know he needs to do this. He needs the social interaction everyday, and to have a structured routine where he needs to walk in a line; listen to his teacher, etc. I feel like I can prep him for that best I can, but you just not know how he'll do until he's doing it. Im nervous, but also so excited for my big boy! I know he's going to make so many new friends and have a blast! He's such an outgoing little boy, and makes friend wherever he goes. His little personality kills me. He's obsessed with trains, trucks, and cars. Pretty much anything with wheels. So, when I took him to pick out his backpack for school, he of course chose Hotwheels theme. I tried talking him into Avengers because it came with a lunchbox, but nope. He wanted Hotwheels, and I wasn't about to ruin his excitement by telling him no. He walked around Target and showed every stranger his new backpack, and was beaming with joy! So, if you're wondering how I got my very busy boy to model his Back To School outfit, that is why. He was pumped to wear his new backpack and kept running up to me and saying, "cheeeeeese!" If you know Cayman, you know this is a miracle. haha

Hope you all are having a great Monday! XOXO

Caymans Outfit: Button Up: Oshkosh | Tee: Oshkosh  Denim: Old Navy | Shoes: c/o Rack Room Shoes 

Beckhams Outfit: Button Up | Tee: Old | Denim: Oshkosh | Shoes: c/o  Rack Room Shoes 

My Shoes: c/o Rack Room Shoes OBSESSED!!!


Share:

43 comments

  1. How cute! Breaks my heart some kids never get new shoes. What a great cause!


    Nightchayde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIght? So sad! Thanks for stopping by! xoxo

      Delete
  2. You seriously have the cutest little guys ever! I love that they have provided shoes for kids who don't normally get them! That is so wonderful :)

    Rachel
    Simply Rachel Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! These pictures are too sweet! Your boys are so adorable! That's so amazing that they provide shoes for kids who don't get them. What a wonderful idea!!

    Carly

    www.frecklesandcheeks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? Such a great cause! Thanks for commenting. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Aww your boys are adorable! And I love your pineapple kicks!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely post, cute!

    xo,
    Jess | wildvagabondss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love the sneakers

    www.highheelstosneakers.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are sooo adorable! Made my day =)

    - Cielo
    www.mermaidinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww how adorable and smart they are.
    My blog: RumelaTheShopaholic

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos are so cute
    xo

    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are way too cute!! Can't handle all the mini handsome-ness.

    ~xo Sheree
    http://poshclassymom.com
    IG: @poshclassymom

    ReplyDelete
  11. they look so cute
    http://lensattire.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. your kids look adorablee!!! and i love the shoes you're wearing!
    x,Abril

    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW this is just amazing!! Great post, can't wait to read the next one!!
    Thanks a bunch for your support on my blog,I am glad you liked my recent post on My Pan AM Experience:
    MyLyfeMyStory

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww. this is so adorable. i have two little ones myself,i have two little girls. your post makes me want to yearn for a little guy so i can dress him up too :)

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :)

      Bethany
      Kiss Me Darling
      www.kissmedarlingblog.com

      Delete
  15. I like your shoes very much! You have such adorable boys!

    www.spring2spring.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww they're so cute in their little outfits I Love it!, I can just imagine how much you're going to to miss him when he's off to school but slowly you'll get use to it.
    http://artadorned.com/2015/08/we-are-flying-around-the-world-to-bring-you-amazing-content/#comments

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are so cute! Such a great back to school outfit! Have a wonderful weekend!

    xo, Bry

    Swept.Away.To.Cancun.Naughty&Nice

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your boys are getting so big! Love these sweet shots!

    Wishes & Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are! I wish they could stay little forever. :( Thank you!

      Delete
  19. Oh my gosh, SERIOUSLY HOW CUTE are they!?
    XO Christine
    http://mapleandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww, how cute are your boys? You're one blessed momma! I have one son, who's turning 4 in Sept! Can't believe how fast they grow, right?!
    Much love & I hope your Tuesday is a lovely as you are!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! They do grow up way too fast! I wish they could stay little forever :(

      Delete
  21. OMG they're sooooo cute...

    would you like to follow each other on gfc? If you follow me,
    I will follow you back after it. ^^
    NEW POST http://www.tomntins.com/2015/08/human-hair-cc-hair-extensions.html

    ReplyDelete

Don't be Shy, Leave a Comment, I'dwould love to hear from you! ;)

© Kiss Me Darling | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig