Friday, April 4, 2014

Life lately- Camping Trip Gone Wrong....

Welp, sorry I've been a bad blogger lately. My family and I went camping for the weekend, so it threw off my whole blogging routine. haha. Sadly, it gets puts last most of the time.. 

Boy do I have a funny story for you! Spending time with my family in the outdoors is always refreshing and much needed. Cayman is just like his dad, he feels right at home when we camp and enjoys every second. Beckham and I on the other hand, struggle just a little bit. It seems like EVERY time we go camping there is  always some kind of severe weather catastrophe. This time we had a few crazy wind/sand storms. Mind you, the weather forecast in Price said it was supposed to be 75 degrees and sunny all weekend. So wrong.

 Anyway. The second day there Skyler and my in laws went four wheeling, while I stayed in the tent with Beckham while he napped. It was a bit windy out, but Skyler assured me it was fine and that the tent would hold up. We had just fallen asleep cuddling when I heard a loud sound. I woke up to the entire tent collapsing on us! I grabbed Beckham and we found our way out of the tent. The wind was crazy, and the sand made it so I couldn't even see two feet in front of me. We were in the midst of a huge sandstorm. This is scary especially when you have a baby with you! Luckily, we had a trailer there so Beckham and I sought refuge there. haha he calmed right down in the trailer and we played and ate snacks. Pretty sure I gained 3 lbs over the weekend from eating an entire box of thin mints. Whoops!

A few minutes later our huge canopy tent that covered our stove and food, started to blow away!! This is a pretty big and very expensive tent. So, I had to leave Beckham in the trailer and chase it down. It was too big for me to collapse and fold up myself, and I couldn't reach most of the legs. Plus, trying to take down a huge tent in a sand storm with 60 mph winds is just plain hard. Long story short- I stuck my nieces power wheels in the middle of it, so it wouldn't blow away. hah "Skyler can take care of this!" 

When my family got back to the camp site, I was LIVID. I couldn't wait to rip Skyler a new one for leaving me for so long. BUT, when I saw my families faces when they saw the camp, I just busted up laughing. We sat there and laughed for a good 20 minutes.

Apparently where they were four wheeling was not windy at all, so they had absolutely no idea what was going on at camp. Meanwhile, I'm running through a sand storm, chasing down tents! OY VEY!!! I can go without camping for a long time, thank you! It's true what they say though, "its not a DYER camping trip, without a little adventure!
Share:

1 comment

  1. Wow! Camping can be so hard with little ones!! One time the wind was so bad i had to walk around with tissue in my ears because i kept getting ear aches. And i feel you on feeling like you gain weight when your camping, when ever we go i feel like i reach for the cookies and stuff more then the fruit.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be Shy, Leave a Comment, I'dwould love to hear from you! ;)

© Kiss Me Darling | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig