Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentines Cookies with Kids


Happy Valentines Day! Every Valentines day I always try to do some kind of Valentines cookie baking with my kids. This year I bought all of the ingredients for my famous sugar cookie recipe, only for the boys to say they wanted to make something chocolate-y! I don't know about you, but I absolutely HATE grocery shopping with my kids. Is that horrible of me to say? It just takes 10x longer, and they are always so busy its hard to keep them by me and behaving the entire time. Oh, and all while trying to look for specific food/ingredients in almost every isle. Mom life- am I right?


Anyway, so we did some searching online and found some pretty fun recipes for Valentines cookies, but none that made the boys super excited. That was until we saw a recipe for some chocolate crackle cookies. The boys both looked at each other and said, "that looks really YUMMY!" The recipe was specifically for Christmas, but I knew it could be easily adapted to a Valentines recipe. The best part? I already had a recipe that was super easy, and never disappoints. Another plus, I had all the ingredients at home already. Winning!  

This recipe is super easy, and the main ingredient is triple chocolate brownie mix. I like the ghiradelli version, but any triple chocolate brownie mix should do. C was my main helper. He rolled the dough into balls and rolled them in the sugar and sprinkles. It was easy and fun, and a good thing to do just the two of us. He's my little baker, and has always helped me in the kitchen since he was one year old. So if you're looking for an easy and somewhat mess free cookie recipe for kids, this would be it. Just warm them to be careful with the sugar, otherwise the mess is pretty minimal. Oh, and they taste DEVINE! Like pure chocolate heaven. I may or may not have eaten  a few. No shame. 

Ingredients
  • 1 (18.9 ounce) triple chocolate brownie mix
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup Valentines Sprinkles
  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  3. In a large mixing bowl combine the brownie mix, flour, egg water and oil.
  4. Stir until combined.
  5. Add confectioners' sugar to a bowl.
  6. Add Valentines Sprinkle to a separate bowl
  7. Use a small ice cream scoop, form the dough into small balls and roll in sugar or powdered sugar.
  8. Place on prepared cookie sheet. DO NOT PRESS COOKIES LEAVE IN A BALL
  9. Bake 12 to 14 minutes.


Happy Valentines, friends! I hope you all have a wonderful day with your loved ones. 

XOXO

Bethany

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Don't be Shy, Leave a Comment, I'dwould love to hear from you! ;)

© Kiss Me Darling | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig