Thursday, February 18, 2016

NYFW Day 1 || Feather Trim Coat

Goodness gracious have I been crazy busy lately. Went to fashion week, came home and packed up our entire house to move, and moved in to our new home. To top it off, Cayman got an ear infection and landed us in the Insta Care. Poor boy was completely breaking my heart, especially when he's usually such a happy and energetic kid. It's been an eventful couple weeks, but there is also so much to be thankful for and excited about. Fashion week this year was pretty amazing. I promised myself after last year that I would be more organized and actually remember to eat with all of the craziness. I have to say I was more organized, but that didn't mean we weren't always on the go and almost always running late to something. With the events and shows so far apart from each other now, you really have to pick and choose what you can make it to. Even if there are two shows an hour after eachother, there really just isn't enough time to do both. My sister in law Diane (my photographer for the week) captured some fun photos of our first day at Fashion Week. It started with checking into The Gregory Hotel with my roommate Kaitlin. We've both stayed there before and found the customer service to be phenomenal. Later we had a meeting with Shoshanna (who by the way have some AMAZING lines coming out), and then the Desigual runway which is always a good one.  Later that day we had a couple meetings with PR companies, and ended the night with dinner and the Katie Ermilio presentation which was absolutely gorgeous and one of my favorites. 

I wore this adorable feather trim coat with tweed detailing my first day at Fashion Week. The moment I saw it, I knew it would be perfect. I paired it with simple black booties and faux leather leggings, along with some leather gloves to keep warm. This bag from Trendlee gave this outfit the perfect touch and brought the whole look up a notch with its gorgeous gold detailing. I am a huge fan of Chanel bags, but just have not been able to bring myself to paying for a bag so expensive when I have a house to furnish. So, I decided renting one for Fashion Week was my best bet. I'm so glad I did. Right now you can use code KISSMEDARLING at checkout for 5% off at Trendlee! So, if you've had your eye on a designer bag but don't want to pay full price, or if you just want to rent a designer bag for a big event; this is the place for you! 

Happy Thursday everyone!
XOXO

Some of my favorites from Desigual
and Kate Ermilio


Coat: Milly ON SALE also sold here | Turtleneck | Leggings | Booties (similar) | Chanel Bag: rented c/o Trendlee | Gloves | Sunglasses


 photo Untitled_zpse477bbb3.png

Share:

4 comments

  1. I love this whole look! What an incredible experience! :) Good luck with the move and I really hope your little guy gets feeling better! :(

    Rachel
    Simply Rachel Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. that coat is so amazing!! I love your pictures in the middle of the street haha!
    x,abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its all about the details when its chilly! You look amazing, so exciting that you got to attend and you definitely look the part!

    Heidi || Wishes & Reality

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking gorgeous.That coat is perfect!

    Agnese from www.theblogness.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't be Shy, Leave a Comment, I'dwould love to hear from you! ;)

© Kiss Me Darling | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig