Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I'll Eat You Up, I Love You so!

 photo IMG_7450_zpsx1xpyh8g.jpg
I am beyond excited to finally share with you my boys room. It's sadly has been a few months in making; because what started out as just being a play room idea, quickly changed into a joint bedroom/ playroom when we moved to NJ. Let me tell you, trying to decorate and make a room look cute in such a small space is hard work. This is just a temporary space until we find something bigger we both love, but for now this is home and I want it to feel that way. Lucky for me, we can decorate the place and put nails in the wall. Hallelujah! 
The first few weeks after we moved here, Cayman would start crying every time we pulled into the driveway and would say, "I don't want to go to New Jersey! I want to go HOME!" It broke my heart, so I wanted to create a space that felt like home. I wasn't really sure what direction or "theme" I going for, until my best friend Kristen sent me an adorable sign in the mail as a house warming gift for the boys room. It read, "I'll eat you up, I love you so!" I read the book, Where The Wild Things Are to her kids countless times this last summer, and its my boys personal favorite. I knew then that I wanted their room to be centered around adventure.  My kids are as adventurous as they come, so I wanted it to reflect their fun and playful personalities. I chose to do bright colors, and the teepee/ play tent of course as the center of the decor. Don't even get me started on how much I'm loving this teepee from Ashley Gabby Designs. Its great quality, and the design is probably the cutest I've seen for boys. Cayman and Beckham's favorite place to be is the outdoors, and they absolutely love camping. The first time I set up their tent, Cayman was so excited to go "camping," in his bedroom!
I hope you all love this fun and playful bedroom I created for my boys as much as I do. Its definitely made this temporary place feel a little more like home. XOXO

 photo IMG_5871_zpsuijbqxaj.jpg
 photo IMG_5994_zpsbcqxnelp.jpg
 photo IMG_5903_zpsaolgertk.jpg  photo PicMonkey Collage11_zpsie927a99.jpg
 photo IMG_5924_zps8zyto5yz.jpg
 photo IMG_5967_zpsq1xffvmj.jpg  photo PicMonkey Collage13_zps1odulyuj.jpg
 photo IMG_5982_zpskwbyhgk0.jpg
 photo IMG_5987_zpskgjasett.jpg
 photo IMG_5933_zpsu6hybpwr.jpg
 photo IMG_5940_zpsutx3drch.jpg
 photo IMG_5782_zpscgjsqfc3.jpg
 photo PicMonkey Collage12_zpsdxgb0csp.jpg
Room Details

Bedding: c/o Beddys Beds Use code KISSMEDARLING for $40 off! 
Crib Bedding - Pottery Barn Kids

Twin size Headboard- old, painted white

Teepee/ Play Tent: c/o Ashley Gabby Designs Use code KISSME20 for 20% off your purchase!!!

Sheepskin Rug (inside the tent): Ikea

Rug: Joss and Main on sale HERE

Curtains: Target , similar

Pillows: (Mint Triangle and Orange Polka Dot) c/o Love Joy Create use code KISS15 for 15% off
all others Society6

Large Plush Giraffe: Melissa & Doug

Signs: World Map c/o Gathered Nest Designs , 
Large Peter Pan quote- c/o House of Belonging Use code KISSMEDARLING for 15% off your order
Ill Eat You up, I love you so - Hobby Lobby
He's got the Whole World in his hands - Hobby Lobby

Framed Pictures: Two Gold Frames: Love you to the Moon, and Let them be little c/o Always Lou The world is super lucky to have you - Hobby Lobby,  
Fox Print - Etsy

Gold Metallic Frames: Old, Spray painted metallic gold

Polka Dot Bean Bag: c/o Window Nook

Book Shelves: Ikea

Triangle Garland: Made by yours truly. Get a similar here

Striped Storage Bins: Target

Striped Laundry Hamper: Target

Lamp: Old, spray Painted blue

 photo Untitled_zpse477bbb3.png
Share:

9 comments

  1. I love their room! You did such a good job!!

    Rachel
    Simply Rachel Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Bethany, it turned out amazing! Such lucky little guys!

    Wishes & Reality

    ReplyDelete
  3. This room belongs in a magazine. Breathtaking! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable room! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This room is so adorable! Would you happen to remember the name of the artist of the navy and white herringbone pillow in the crib? I am looking for something similar!

    Thank you!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Don't be Shy, Leave a Comment, I'dwould love to hear from you! ;)

© Kiss Me Darling | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig