Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A comfy casual look - and getting in shape!

To be completely honest with you, most days I like to wear something comfy. Say what!? I know, I know, it deceiving. My blog inspiration is geared more towards what id wear for a girls night out. I want to try and incorporate more of what id wear on a regular basis. For instance, Hunter Boots and piko tops. Every girl needs these two items. So comfy. The best thing about piko tops is how they transition so well from fall to winter, and winter to spring. I love mine from Abella Boutique and wanted to demonstrate how easily they transition to spring. I just tucked the very top into my pastel colored stretch denim, and VIOLA. Spring here I come!
 
On a completely unrelated note. How cute is my little man Beckham? That last picture with his little smirk, and belly poking out. I die!!


Piko Top: Abella Boutique c/o | Vest: old, similar here | Denim: Gap also loving these | Hunter Boots: Nordtrom | Bag: ALDO, similar style |  Jewelry: Jane
 
Beckham's Outfit:
Sweater: Childrens Place | Button Up: BabyGap | Denim: BabyGap | Moccs: Jane
 
 
Now its time for the embarrassing part of this blog post. Before I start, I wanted to share with you a little story about myself. I also want to express to each and every person who reads this, that I honestly believe that every woman is beautiful, and should love and take care of her body. With that being said... here I go! 
 
Growing up in California I was always very active. I was in cheerleading, track and field, swim team. I was always very tone and naturally petite. When I turned 17, I moved to Utah with my mom and stopped doing sports. After I graduated I got my first desk job. You know how it goes with jobs like that. I would get bored and snack ALL. DAY. LONG!! You guys, I gained 25 lbs  in two years! 25 POUNDS!!! I was never one to even worry about weight gain, in fact I don't even think I realized how bad it had gotten until I looked back at pictures. haha Once I left that job, I started to eat healthier and became active again. It really wasn't that hard for me to lose it, considering all I needed to do was NOT eat chips and dip all day. Skyler and I got engaged and that gave me the extra motivation I needed to get back in shape for the wedding.
 
Anyway, after I had my c section with Beckham, my body was just not the same. The way they had to cut me open to get him out, really messed up my stomach. I would go to the gym and try to work out my stomach, and my muscles would start shaking and I couldn't even do a single sit up. Years and years of muscle, gone! It was disheartening. I had this shelf over my incision I could not get rid of. Even at 25 pounds heavier, I never had this problem. I lacked the extra motivation to get in shape, so eventually I gave up. I figured id have this "kangaroo pouch" as I liked to call it, forever. I was fine with that. It all came to be, because I brought children into this world, and how could I be upset about that?
 
Fast forward a few months, when the sweetest girl wrote me on my blog facebook. Her name is McKell and she works for "It Works" body wraps. She asked if she could wrap me, in exchange for me featuring my results on the blog. I was so excited to try it, because lets face it, every girl has a problem area! 
 
For those of you who don't know what "It Works Wraps" are, here is a little information. These wraps are a non-woven cloth wrap that has been infused with a powerful, botanically-based formula to deliver maximum tightening, toning, and firming results where applied to the skin.
  • Tightens, tones, & firms
  • Minimizes cellulite appearance
  • Improves skin texture & tightness
  • Mess-free and simple to use
  • Results in as little as 45 minutes
  • Progressive results over 72 hours
  • Made with natural ingredients
After just 45 minutes my first application, I lost 1 1/2 inches. They measure from your ribs, belly button, and waist. After three hrs, I had lost 5 inches total!! I didn't even think I had that much to lose! Its hard to tell in my before and after picture, but you can see that my little pooch was tightened and firmed. You know what guys, it gave me the extra motivation I needed to start eating healthier and get back in shape! Thank you SO much McKell, you're a life saver! If you would like to contact McKell, or order your own wrap, please go to mckell.myitworks.com 
 
 
 

 

XOXO Bethany

Share:

8 comments

  1. I absolutely love this look! So classic yet fun! I have to say your makeup is flawless. beautiful lady! ~Tammy @wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhh totally wish I was wearing that! Love everything about this look. The necklace is adorable.

    Stephanie
    http://www.vainandsimple.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my Piko tops and I think I should invest in some Hunter boots. It rains so much here in FL! Also, your son looks adorable in his outfit. I wish I could get my husband to like the moccs but he's just not into them.

    I feel like we are so much alike! I also had a c-section with my boy and my muscles would get so tender when I first got back into working out. They're much better now though. :)

    Heather
    The Heathered Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look especially the gorgeous red lips.Not to mention that your little man is too cute for his own good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling! I love the pink jeans:)! The red lip is also beautiful!
    xoxo
    Kendra
    http://fashionstylingbykendra.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!! I haven't worn pink pants since middle school...lol...clearly I need to get back on that look!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this look! The colors are so soft and pretty!

    Xo, Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wear my Hunter Wellies a lot whatever the weather and often slip them on for work as the go quite well with my business suit or meeting my friends on a fine day and seeing you with your Wellies on makes me very happy you look really yummy.
    Kisses
    Welly

    ReplyDelete

Don't be Shy, Leave a Comment, I'dwould love to hear from you! ;)

© Kiss Me Darling | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig