Saturday, July 16, 2016

Airport Style featuring Mina Baie




When it comes to traveling with kids, I've found it very important to have the right bag. Something with a lot of storage, hands free, and very durable. This Mina Baie bag meets every one of my travel bag requirements, and is gorgeous at the same time. This bag is technically a diaper bag, but considering my boys were potty trained some time ago; I use it as a travel bag. If you are in the market for a good diaper bag though, I would highly recommend this beauty. There's a fold out changing pad included as well as tons of bottle compartments. The storage capability in this bag is pretty amazing, and helps me to keep organized during flights. I was able to hold my laptop, snacks, a tablet, headphones for the kids, books & crayons, and so much more.  Use code KMD30MB for 30% off your Mina Baie bag!

Now that you know about the best travel bag for moms, its time to talk about how you can prepare to travel with your kids. First things first, a little story. Last month, my kids and I took a last minute flight to Utah when we heard my nephew was in the ICU. Because it was so last minute (and I was a little distraught with the news while packing), I forgot to pack a lot of things for the flight. I didn't bring two sets of headphones for the kids, forgot to download movies for the tablet,  didn't bring a blanket, etc. Im not sure what I was thinking, but I definitely was not prepared for a 6 hour flight with two BUSY little boys. So, to save myself from wanting to pull my hair out; I made sure to be very prepared for our flight home. Here are some must have travel items for kids, as well as a few tips and tricks for making traveling just a bit easier with your little ones. 

1. Try taking an overnight flight

Okay, I know what you're thinking. Why on Earth would you want to do that? Tired kids = cranky kids. I guess it depends on the kids, but mine almost always sleep the entire flight when its at night. They dim the lights, its quiet, and the sound of the plane puts them to sleep. 

2. Find flights with little to no layovers

I used to think that layovers were my friend. I thought that the kids would enjoy a break to stretch their legs and run around. Well, turns out those have always been my worst traveling experiences. Once I finally got them settled down on the flight, we'd land and have to do it all over again. Non stop flights have by far been the easiest. Just come prepared to entertain, and it'll be over in no time.

3. Bring quiet distractions

I like to bring soft quiet books, paper and crayons, tablet & headphones (over the ear kind), etc for my kids. Twist top crayons are the best because they won't break and cause more chaos. Also, instead of giving this all to them at once; try giving them one at time to keep them from getting bored. 

4. For goodness sake, bring a blanket

This one is a no brainer, but I completely forgot to bring a blanket on our flight to Utah and I was majorly regretting it. It gets dang cold on planes, and if your kids are sleepy they'll want a blanket. So just bring one, okay? Oh, and a small pillow wouldn't hurt either.

5. Always bring an extra set of clothes
I can't tell you how many flights I've been on where one of my kids threw up, or had a blow out, or spilt juice on his shirt. There's just something about flying that makes my kids stomach churn (I don't blame them) so accidents are bound to happen. I've learned since then to always over prepare with an extra pair of comfy clothes.

I hope you all enjoyed my travel tips, and make sure to use code KMD30MB for 30% off this Mina Baie bag. I promise you will not be disappointed.

XOXO




Top: Nordstrom (apart of the NSale, only $39.90) | Denim: also apart of the NSale only $134.90 | Hat: similar on sale here | Shoes: here | Bracelets: Julie Vos | Earrings: c/o Kendra Scott sale version here | Bag: c/o Mina Baie


 photo Untitled_zpse477bbb3.png
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Don't be Shy, Leave a Comment, I'dwould love to hear from you! ;)

© Kiss Me Darling | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig