Friday, July 1, 2016

Our Dining Room Reveal with Rugs USA



I am so excited to partner with Rugs USA to finally share my dining room with you! It has turned out to be one of my favorite areas of our home, and I have loved seeing it come together. Let me tell you, it was not easy furnishing this room. We ordered two different dining tables, one that showed up broken and one in the wrong color. We ended up deciding on a whole new route, and chose this reclaimed wood table instead. I haven't regretted it even for one second.  Then came the chairs; what a fiasco that was, but I wont bore you with that story. I originally wanted to do white upholstered chairs, but figured with how messy my kids are when eating; that probably wasn't the best idea. Nonetheless, I still wanted white chairs to help keep the room light and airy. I ended up choosing these Serena and Lily french bistro chairs, and they are seriously the best chairs if you have kids. They are indoor outdoor making them durable, fade resistant, and they wipe up easily. Plus they are stacking chairs, so they stack up nicely when I'm needing to vacuum around the table. I would absolutely suggest them to anyone looking for dining chairs.

 Now that I had chosen the table and chairs, I wanted a nice rug to tie it all together. After weeks and weeks, I found this darling rug from Rugs USA. I wasn't sure it would work with my chairs, but once I saw it all together I fell in love. I love the way it brightens the room and adds a bit more color.  I was worried it would stain easily, but it has turned out to be one of the best rugs we've owned. Stains wipe right up and never leave a stain. Its durable yet comfortable to walk on, and the perfect size for our table. I have no complaints, and hope you all love it as much as I do. 


Rug Size 7'6" x 9x6"
 Dining Table- size 72"
French Bistro Chairs: Serena and Lily and Safavieh also here
DYING over these chairs (much better quality and cuter in person than the Safavieh style IMO)! 
Large Framed Print of Venice (see below)

For those of you who wanted more details on my large 40x40 framed print of Venice, here is how I got it. I found this print by Yulia She as an 11x14 on etsy, for over $150 unframed. I knew I wanted it much larger, and couldn't imagine how much more expensive it would be that big. I tried to find something similar for less, with no luck. Finally I found the exact print on Shutterstock, and was jumping with joy! I paid a small fee to purchase the print in high resolution, and then edited it in photoshop to make sure it was cropped to a perfect square. To make sure it would print out nicely, I also changed the pixels to be much larger so it wouldn't lose any detail. You can find a tutorial on how to do that here. From there I used Frame It Easy to print it as a 40x40 print framed for about the same price I would have paid on etsy for the 11x14 unframed. Insert happy dance emoji here!  I ordered the 1 1/2 inch silver metal frame and painted it champagne gold with a simple and small paint brush. I received the framed print in just a couple days after ordering, and couldn't believe how amazing it turned out. I was proud of myself for researching and figuring out a way to get it cheaper. I hope this helps any of you looking for a better deal on large prints. xoxo


 photo Untitled_zpse477bbb3.png
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Don't be Shy, Leave a Comment, I'dwould love to hear from you! ;)

© Kiss Me Darling | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig