Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Good Life

Growing up in Southern California, we lived up on a mountain known as the "Devore" area. We lived right across the street from a huge Ranch. I took for granted how beautiful it was there. I remember chasing around the chickens,  playing on a tire swing, and riding horses every day. The owners of the Ranch became our second family, and they took us to all of their horse shows, rodeos, you name it! It was such a simple life. I spent every day enjoying this beautiful World God created for us, and never realized what a blessing that was. Because of my love for horses, I later joined the Riverside Equestrian Center. Looking back at pictures, it looks exactly the same. I remember grooming my horse Annie before each ride in those very stables. She was a smaller horse, but I liked that. I wasn't very big growing up, and Annie was gentle and loving. Now that i'm grown up with kids of my own, I want this life so badly for them. I want them to be able to run freely and enjoy mother nature in all her glory. This World we live in can be a very scary place, but it can also be beautiful. It can also be filled with joy and sunshine, and memories that last a lifetime. 


When my friend Kristen showed us this gorgeous Ranch here in Tennessee, I couldn't help but reminisce on my childhood growing up around horses. It is beyond beautiful there, with fields of green grass, horses, and a friendly dog name Riley that played with the kids. The first time Cayman saw a horse he covered his ears (he does that when he's scared) and screamed bloody murder every time I walked near one. This time however, he was not afraid at all. He gently petted them and kept saying "I like them, mom!" I'm glad my husband was able to capture these precious memories of us at the Ranch, and also this beyond gorgeous skirt from Tara Lynns Boutique I was able to wear, which fit perfectly for the occasion. I about died when I saw how beautifully it flowed with just the slightest breeze, simply stunning. Hope you enjoy. 

Share:

13 comments

  1. This is the most gorgeous setting and the most gorgeous skirt. I am so in love with everything about these pictures!

    Rebecca | The Peach Bellini
    www.thepeachbellini.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! That skirt is gorgeous.

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt is amazing! Whole outfit is gorgeous!

    http://www.lifeofbrookeandjane.blogspot.com/2014/08/weekend-casual.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you little boy is no longer afraid of horses. Sounds like you had an amazing horse-friendly childhood.... (Nice skirt by the way! I love how long it is and how nice it flows, and the dots are perfect: I bet you could just about live in it....!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos! I love the dress paired with that shirt.
    I grew up around horses also, and I would love for my son to have the same childhood I did. It just doesn't seem as realistic anymore. We can still hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is stunning! I love the contrast of the long elegant skirt and the farm!

    Lindsey
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your skirt! You look so amazing.

    Callie
    www.creationsbycallie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your skirt is gorgeous!!!!

    Stopping by via the I Feel Pretty linkup. You certainly look pretty enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to grow up in Southern California! Your skirt is so dreamy and the material flows beautifully.. such lovely photographs! :)

    http://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk/
    - I follow back on Bloglovin' -

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm DYING for that skirt!! It's so cute and twirly worthy! And you definitely can't go wrong with polka dots!

    XO Color Me Courtney
    www.colormecourtney.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That skirt is fabulous on you! What a perfect day! Loving the pics and the kids are adorable!!
    xo~Sherry
    www.thelifeofthepartyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous look!! Stunning.

    www.fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't be Shy, Leave a Comment, I'dwould love to hear from you! ;)

© Kiss Me Darling | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig