Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Perfect Knee Length Dress

For the 4th of July weekend my family and I took a very much needed family vacation to North Carolina. We visited some family and met up with my our best friends the Nelsons. We spent the weekend together and had a blast. While there we visited Bald Head Island. If you haven't been there, I would definitely add it to your bucket list. It is storybook perfect, and very authentic. There are no cars allowed on the island so you ride golf carts everywhere. The island is peaceful and quiet, and the beaches are beautiful and well kept. Ill have to do a separate post about it. All I have to say is, "GO, just go!" you won't regret it. 

Anyway, although it was a fantastic weekend, it was also very humid and HOT there. Before our trip I was determined to find knee length dresses I could wear on hot North Carolina days. Boy am I glad I found this number. Not only is it adorable, but its light and breezy so you never get too hot. Plus, its KNEE length. I don't know about you, but its always been really hard for me to find dresses that touch my knees. I would suggest sizing up a bit. Im usually a size 2 in H&M dresses, but in this case I bought a size 6 for length. I also wore this adorable dainty necklace combo from Tiny Tags- It has both my boys initials on them, and a heart with my husband and I wedding date. I love knowing that I can hold a little reminder of them close to my heart wherever I go. Hope you love it as much as I do! Happy Tuesday everyone!


Share:

39 comments

  1. I love the versatility of this and the color is gorgeous on you!

    Wishes & Reality

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of the dress. Plus it is so versatile, making it perfect for any occasion.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color of this dress and It really is the perfect knee length. Also loving those lace up sandals! I always struggle ordering gladiator sandals, they never fit correctly. However, these look right up my ally!
    -Carolanna, from www.girlmeetsbrave.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this dress! The length is perfect! You look gorgeous!

    Rachel
    Simply Rachel Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect color of dress - awesome H2T look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this dress! The color is phenomenal on you.


    Nightchayde

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been there! I do love the length of your dress and your lipstick is super pretty with your complexion! :)

    www.jessandtonic.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those lace up sandals are so pretty! I love the coral shift dress, such a great color for summer!

    XO Chelsea http://www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing, my love! Knee length dresses are my favorite, and how cute are your boys?!
    Sending you much love & I hope your Wednesday is as beautiful like you!!!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you even real? Seriously one of the prettiest girls I have ever seen, with awesome style on top of it! Great look.

    I am blogging about similar things, check it out and let me know what you think: www.kellmenow.com

    XO K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, you are way too nice! Thank you so much! <3 <3 I will definitely be stopping by your blog! xoxo

      Delete
  11. Such a cute and summery look! I love this dress x

    Jana // Life of Jana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous color. The length is perfect on you. I'm not a column silhouette girl but I do like this piece. Looks easy enough to belt at the natural waistline.

    www.stylegonerogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute casual look - love the gladiator sandals! Great color on you!
    xMC
    http://mc2squared.blogspot.com <- new outfit post :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! Such a perfect Summer look! In love with those sandals!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great color for shirt dress! That last photo stole my heart!! <3

    ~ xo Sheree
    http://poshclassymom.com
    IG: @poshclassymom

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute dress, I love the colour
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, how I adore your easy, breezy lightweight dress here!
    Red Reticule

    ReplyDelete
  18. So stylish and care-free! :)

    Love the dress and the summer look! :)

    YouTube | Blog: Geekette in High Heels | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very beautiful airy outfit looks effortless, I love your strappy sandals, you look so cute!
    http://artadorned.com/2015/07/the-new-york-life-unfiltered/

    ReplyDelete
  20. That dress is perfect! I want it! Any girl, you are so gorgeous! I love the color of you eyes! I have always wanted to visit North Carolina (I blame it on the show One Tree Hill and all the Nicolas Sparks books. lol)

    P.S. Come enter the $120 SheIn giveaway on my blog!

    http://elementsofellis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much!

    Will definitely stop by! <3

    ReplyDelete

Don't be Shy, Leave a Comment, I'dwould love to hear from you! ;)

© Kiss Me Darling | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig